Below, find the information you need to plan for the tuition requirements and financial aid opportunities of The Orlo School of Hair Design and Cosmetology. Our financial aid and admissions teams are available to answer any questions online, over the phone or in-person.
Tuition and additional costs for Orlo’s cosmetology program:
- $100.00 non-refundable registration fee
- $2,000.00 textbooks and equipment (non-refundable, includes sales tax)
- $12,900.00 tuition
Total cost: $15,000.00
Methods of Payment
Students can choose from a variety of payment methods to cover the costs of their tuition and supplies. All major credit cards are accepted at Orlo.
- Prior to start of classes: Non-refundable registration fee of $100.00.
- First day: $2,00.00 for student kit + $3,800 tuition ($5,800 total), followed by:
- Full-time Days: Seven (7) monthly payments of $1300.00 each
- Part-time Evenings: Ten (10) monthly payments of $910.00 each
Financial assistance: Payment will be adjusted based on any financial assistance received.
Payment in full: $15,000.00 is due on the first day of classes.
- Federal Pell Grant: This aid does not have to be repaid except in some cases when a student withdraws or is expelled. This program assists qualified undergraduate students in continuing their education beyond high school. Each student is entitled to apply for a Federal Pell Grant. The student’s need, cost of attendance and the amount appropriated by Congress to fund the program determines the amount of eligibility. The amount of the grant is determined by a standard formula used by the Department of Education and the amount of the grant available to the student depends on the student’s expected family contribution (EFC). (more)
- Federal Direct Stafford Loan Programs: Subsidized and unsubsidized, these low interest loans are made directly to students by the Federal Government for students attending at least half-time. These loans must be paid back. Interest rates are variable and subject to change every July 1. Repayment begins six months after graduation, withdrawal, dismissal or attendance less than half-time. (more)
- Federal Plus Loans: These are available to parents of a dependent student. Plus Loans are not based on need and combined with other resources cannot exceed the student’s cost of attendance. Parents can borrow up to the cost of attendance less any other financial aid. There are no annual or aggregate loan limits. Repayment generally begins on the date of the final disbursement. (more)
- Veteran’s Education Benefits: These are for veterans, eligible dependents of deceased or disabled veterans and active status National Guard and Reserve personnel. Any student interested in this type of benefit must verify with the school representative that the school is eligible for benefits. (more)
- ACE Grants: These are based on student performance, grades and attendance throughout the program. The amount of the grant will range from a minimum of $100 to a maximum of $500. Forms and award criteria are available in the Orlo business office.
Financial Aid Eligibility
- Be enrolled as a regular student in an eligible program of study on at least a half-time basis
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Be a US citizen or national or an eligible non-citizen
- Complete a FAFSA and receive a valid Student Aid Report or ISIR with The Orlo School of Cosmetology and Hair Design listed by name and/or Federal School Code 025876
- Have a financial need as determined by a “needs analysis” approved by the Department of Education
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress
- Not be in default on a Federal Stafford, Plus, SLS or Perkins loan
- Not owe a refund on a Federal Pell Grant, FSEOG or state grant
- Provide required documentation for the verification process and determination of dependence status
- Not have borrowed in excess of the annual or aggregate loan limits for the Title IV financial aid programs
- Be registered with the Selective Service if male and between the ages of 18 and 25
- Sign a statement of Educational Purpose
- Have a valid Social Security Number
Trained financial aid personnel are available to assist with the completion of financial aid applications. Orlo also uses a third party service to assist with the processing of student financial aid. Call the Financial Aid office at (518) 459-7832 for assistance.